100% Home Loans Do Exist

2010 March 17
by iggy

There are so many home loan products out there in the market today that it can become very confusing for a prospective borrower to decide on which loan product would be most suitable for them. As a borrower, you would like to get the best loan,  with the lowest interest rates, or the highest loan amounts.  Where it would be possible to get a loan to cover 100% of the cost of the property then it would be more than ideal.  However, these loans are rare, and usually the amount that banks and lenders are willing to cover range from 70% to 80% of the total property value.

There are ways however to get a loan of up to 100% of the property value, and this is done, generally through a guarantor.  A guarantor provides extra security for the loan, by providing either a deposit, or property to mortgage or both.  The presence of a guarantor reduces the risk of banks and lenders, and means that a borrower with a guarantor can loan up to 100% of the property’s value.  Often the most common guarantors are relatives or parents who want to help out their children or family members acquire their first home.

Having a guarantor has its advantages.  Some of these advantages are that you no longer need to get lenders mortgage insurance or LMI.  This is because the banks and lenders already have enough protection to cover the value of the loan that you made.  There is also no need to provide your own deposit, as the guarantor often has a deposit of their own.

For more information on getting a 100% loan in order to purchase a home, it would be best to consult the experts on home loans.  They can advise you on how to go about getting this type of loan and they can likewise offer some tips on how to ensure that this type of loan is granted.

2 Responses leave one →
  1. July 15, 2015

    It is more that just filing some papres. I am assuming he is over 18?If that is the case it will take a court action to appoint you as guardian. You will have to petition the court to appoint you as guardian over both his person and his estate. The court will have to make a decision that he is unable to care for himself or his money.One might also think a power of attorney would be enough but it is not. A power of attorney can only be signed by someone who has capacity to do so in the first place.Guardianship is not a matter of filling out paperwork, having it notarized and then turning it in to the clerk. You have to file a petition, the court will appint a guardian ad litem for your son, they may also send a social worker or someone elses out to assess whether or not your son can care for himself. Once all of this is done, a cour date will be set and evidence will be heard. The judge will decide whether he needs a guardian. Once you are appointed guardian you will have to file yearly reports with the court detailing many things concerning your son. If you would like a free consultation on your situation and you are in the greater DFW area feel free to msg me with your name and phone number.

  2. June 19, 2016

    I like browsing your web site. Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Note: You can use basic XHTML in your comments. Your email address will never be published.

Subscribe to this comment feed via RSS